Friday, September 18, 2026

DAYS 6-9 (9/15-18)

Day 6

Tuesday, as mentioned before, we took Jan and Tom to the Tampa Airport.  That was quick and easy, except for my observations.  Boy, has that airport grown over the years. 

The first time I flew into that airport I was probably 9 years old, but once I moved back to Ohio in 1968, I was either driving or flying to Florida on a regular basis, and on this visit, I was completely surprised by how much it has grown.  I shared one funny story with everyone as we approached the airport. 

There was one trip where I flew down for a visit and as we made our final approach I heard the 3 senior ladies in the seats behind me being totally flabbergasted by the amount of rain that was on the ground.  They were looking at Tampa Bay!!!  I started laughing and turned around and let them know it was the Bay.   I’m not sure they believed me.

We dropped Jan and Tom off for their trip, and made our way home….nothing exciting for the rest of the day.

 

Day 7

Our first excursion into the pool with the dogs.  Boy, are these 2 girls ever serious water dogs.  Even, Kaylee, the 13 year-old,,,didn’t jump in, but stepped in and really didn’t want to get out when the time came.  Daisy, the 5-year-old, wanted to play rough the whole time.  She has a plastic float toy that gets thrown into the water and she dive bombs her approach.  Brings the toy right back to me and off we go again.  I wore out before she did.  


 You know, when you’re on a trip like this it’s easy to get your days mixed up.  That night after dinner we started looking for the Buffalo Bills/Detroit Lions football game on the TV.  As I mentioned before, the TV system is an evil system that Peter hasn’t even attempted to figure out, so it was me looking for the game.  I kept finding listings for it, but the info didn’t make any sense.  Finally, we figured out that the Thursday night games typically don’t air on Wednesday nights.  Problem solved!!!!

 

Day 8

Thursday we drove into Lakeland and found Hollis Gardens where we met Renee and Ron, Pete’s cousins, for lunch.  We had a lovely visit with them and caught up on all the latest news. 

While driving the next day we saw a Hollis Cancer Center so I looked the name up on Google to see who it was.  Mark Hollis was the president of Publix Super Markets who died from pancreatic cancer.  Good to know.

Made it home and did find the Bills game on the TV so got to see them win their first game in their new stadium.  Gorgeous stadium but interesting to know that it is only 60,000 seats compared to the former stadium of 70,000 seats.  Not sure why they would make it smaller.

 

Day 9

THE GOOD NEWS…..I FOUND MY LOST KEY FOB!!!!  Not sure how it ended up in Pete’s truck in the door pocket, but there it was.  So glad I didn’t order a new one on Amazon, was waiting to get home. 

Found the lost key fob when we headed out to the Florida Air Museum in Pete’s truck.  Nothing at all like the Air Force Museum in Dayton, Ohio, but a nice way to spend some time out of the house.


 


 Pete and I have come up with a plan to every other day find someplace to go outside the house and on the stay home days, play with the dogs in the pool.  Sounds like fun to me!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home