DAY 2 & 3
Day 2
Day 2 of our drive to Florida began with breakfast at our Hampton Inn and then on the road again. We were just north of Atlanta as we hit the road so we delayed departure until after the morning rush hour.
Of course, that didn’t help much. Driving through Atlanta, no matter the day or time, is always a nightmare. Last June I was attending a wedding in Bellingham and drove from the Seattle airport north to Bellingham. I blogged about that experience being exactly like driving through Atlanta. And this time, I was reminded of how awful it is. The only thing positive you can say about the experience is that at least the Atlanta By-pass routes all the semis around Atlanta and you don’t have to deal with them. But still, shear volume of cars is just over-whelming. And this trip, for the first time in years, I was actually driving.
Then, just south of Atlanta we started running into the scattered storms that was forecasted. Not much lightening or thunder, but the rain cam down in buckets. At one point my cruise control stopped working and the error message said the sensor was blocked. Finally, after the rain stopped the sensor must have dried up and it started working again.
So, we made it to Molly’s house and after 7 hours, I was soooo glad to be out of the car. Thank God it has excellent air conditioning because I stepped out of the car at Molly’s and was blasted by the heat and humidity. How do people live in Florida….seriously???
Molly has two dogs, Duke is the young German Shepard, who was super, super energetic, but a little sweetheart just the same.
We ended the day with a yummy dinner at the Fish Camp restaurant and a nice visit with Molly. The next morning, we were on the road by Noon and only had little more than an hour drive to Jan and Tom’s. I was so happy it was not another 7- hour day.
DAY 3
Jan was waiting for us in her drive way when we came through the gates. Again, the heat and humidity almost knocked me off my feet as I got out of the car, but we were where we’re gonna be for the next month. Time to unload the car and relax.
I’m so glad we were off the road, because again that day the storms started rolling through. In this case major rainfall and strong thunder and lightning.
Their dogs, Keylie and Daisy, really don’t like the storms, so we tried to calm them down. But the storms were really powerful, so they were not happy campers at all.
The day was spent just catching up with Jan and Tom. Lovely dinner, watching the OSU game, ending the day in a comfy bed. Nite, nite.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home