Tuesday, September 15, 2026

DAY 4 & 5 (9/13 & 14)

Day 4.

Day was kind of a quiet day.  It was a day of settling in.  Learning the ropes of the house and dogs.  And trying to figure out where things like the grocery store, gas station, etc. is.  Also, they have an extraordinarily complex TV system that I attempted to learn, but grew very, very frustrated by.  Nothing simple about it.  Once they are in the air I will sit down on my own and see if I can figure it out.

Today we went to Chili’s for lunch.  Their neighbor and daughter joined us and we had a lovely meal.

The one really yucky thing that has happened is that I have lost my back-up car fob.  Pete insisted that we both bring our extra keys.  I don’t know why, I never do that.  But of course, since I did bring my back-up, I lost it.  It had to have fallen out of my purse.  Have no idea where it could be.  And I’m pissed cause I know they cost a fortune to replace!!!!

Sunday evening we watched the Bengals/Buccs game…..yeah, the Bengals won!!!

 

Day 5

Today was pretty much the same.  I pulled out my computer and got some work done.  Pete and I went to Publix and picked up a couple of things, although they do have 2 refrigerators and 3 freezers packed full of food, so we should be in good shape as far as eating goes.

We took Jan and Tom out to Texas Roadhouse for a celebratory farewell dinner.  We take them to the Tampa airport early tomorrow  for their flight to Rome. 

Then we will be on our own.  Wish us luck!!!!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home